Aetna Retiree Meeting/Webinar - Save the date!
Wednesday, November 2, 2022
invited to attend a meeting on Wednesday, November 2nd at 1:00 pm to learn more about the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan and
have your questions answered by an Aetna representative. Click here aet.na/ual1 to register and attend the webinar.
The Aetna Medicare Plan PPO will replace the below benefits for Retired Medicare eligible members and Surviving Spouse:
- Hospital and Medical benefits currently provided under Medicare Part A & Part B
Wrap Around or Out-of-Pocket Hospital and Medical amounts not covered by
Medicare Part A & Part B and processed by Administrative Services
- Prescription drug benefits currently being provided by SilverScript
The Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan offers:
- Medical and prescription drug coverage through Aetna® under one ID Card
benefits such as Resources For Living®, Healthy Home Visit, telehealth,
Teladoc®, MDLIVE® behavioral health program and a 24-hour nurse line
- Extra benefits including: SilverSneakers, Non-Emergency Transportation and Meal delivery following an inpatient stay
- Over 1,000,000 network providers, and more than 4,000 network hospitals accept the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan
- The same coverage as original Medicare Part A and Part B
- Similar benefits as your current plan
You’ll be automatically enrolled!
You don’t have
to take any action to join the new plan. A welcome kit will be mailed by
Aetna in October with detailed information. Once you receive it, please
take the time to check with your providers if they participate in the
Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO.
Medicare Part B and Plumbers Local 1 Welfare Fund Retiree Coverage monthly premiums.
Under this change you will continue to be responsible for these monthly premiums.
Kit: You’ll soon receive materials from Aetna that will help you
transition to your new plan, including a Summary of Benefits.
materials: Once you’re officially enrolled in the plan, you’ll get more
detailed plan information from Aetna, including a Schedule of Cost
Sharing, Evidence of Coverage (EOC) and your new Aetna member ID card.
What if I want to opt out of the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan?
- If you want to opt out of the new plan, you need to do so by Nov 11, 2022. Just call the Welfare
Fund office at 1-718-223- 4313 by Nov 11th.
- If you opt
out of the new plan, you will not have coverage through Plumbers Local
Union No. 1 Welfare Fund for 2023, since the current plan will be
replaced by the new Aetna Medicare Advantage plan.