Aetna Retiree Meeting - Save the date!
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
You are invited to attend a meeting on Wednesday, October 12th from 10:30 am – 11:30 am to learn more about the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan and have your questions answered by an Aetna representative.CLICK HERE for additional information.
This meeting will be held in the Plumbers Local Union No. 1 Headquarters Auditorium at 50-02 5th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101. If you are unable to travel to the live meeting, Aetna will be hosting additional conference calls and webinars so you can learn more about the new plan. Look for communications from Aetna in the near future for dates and times.
The Aetna Medicare Plan PPO will replace the below benefits for Retired Medicare eligible members and Surviving Spouse:
- Hospital and Medical benefits currently provided under Medicare Part A & Part B
- Medicare Wrap Around or Out-of-Pocket Hospital and Medical amounts not covered by Medicare Part A & Part B and processed by Administrative Services Only (ASO)
- Prescription drug benefits currently being provided by SilverScript
The Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan offers:
- Medical and prescription drug coverage through Aetna® under one ID Card
- Additional benefits such as Resources For Living®, Healthy Home Visit, telehealth, Teladoc®, MDLIVE® behavioral health program and a 24-hour nurse line
- Extra benefits including: SilverSneakers, Non-Emergency Transportation and Meal delivery following an inpatient stay
- Over 1,000,000 network providers, and more than 4,000 network hospitals accept the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan
- The same coverage as original Medicare Part A and Part B
- Similar benefits as your current plan
You’ll be automatically enrolled!
You don’t have to take any action to join the new plan. A welcome kit will be mailed by Aetna in October with detailed information. Once you receive it, please take the time to check with your providers if they participate in the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO.
Medicare Part B and Plumbers Local 1 Welfare Fund Retiree Coverage monthly premiums.
Under this change you will continue to be responsible for these monthly premiums.
- Informational Kit: You’ll soon receive materials from Aetna that will help you transition to your new plan, including a Summary of Benefits.
- Welcome materials: Once you’re officially enrolled in the plan, you’ll get more detailed plan information from Aetna, including a Schedule of Cost Sharing, Evidence of Coverage (EOC) and your new Aetna member ID card.
What if I want to opt out of the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO plan?
- If you want to opt out of the new plan, you need to do so by Nov 11, 2022. Just call the Welfare
Fund office at 1-718-223- 4313 by Nov 11th.
- If you opt out of the new plan, you will not have coverage through Plumbers Local Union No. 1 Welfare Fund for 2023, since the current plan will be replaced by the new Aetna Medicare Advantage plan.