COVID TESTING INFORMATION
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
When COVID Tests are administered at an Urgent Care Center or at a Test Lab with a Doctors prescription the Fund can be charged approximately $300 for the Urgent Care visit or $100 for the Doctor’s Visit. These charges are above the COVID test charge. With many needed tests being taken, we have an opportunity to save the Urgent Care or Doctor visit charge by considering a participating CVS pharmacy as an alternative. Below find important information about this option.
Testing is done both on-site and inside CVS locations. You can go to https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to schedule a test, anyone age 10 or older can get tested. Minors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
By considering a CVS location your copay will be $0.00, also a prescription for a COVID Test from a Doctor or Urgent Care is NOT required. CLICK HERE for additional information.
HOW IT WORKS
- Go to https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- Answer a few questions to see if you qualify for COVID-19 testing.
- Select a test site and available time. Fill out the registration form.
- Your Empire BCBS or Medicare Insurance card and proof of identity are required, as well as test confirmation email or text message. Be sure to have your mobile phone in case CVS needs to reach you.
- Upon arrival, follow instructions posted at the site. For rapid testing, results are delivered same day. Otherwise, your sample is sent to one of CVS’s lab partners. Average turnaround time for receiving results from lab tests is 3-4 days.
- CVS will email you a link to activate your MyChart account. When your results are ready, CVS email you a link to view them in MyChart. You may also receive a text message with a secure link to view results.