Fund Office Operations Will be Temporarily Suspended
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Fund Office Operations Will be Temporarily Suspended (3/19-4/2) Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to ongoing concerns regarding the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout the United States, and particularly New York City, the Plumbers Local Union No. 1 Fund Office will temporarily suspend normal operations at 50-02 5th Street, Long Island City, NY effective Friday, March 20, 2020. At this time, our intention is to suspend operations for 10 business days (until Friday, April 3, 2020) and re-evaluate the situation. While our physical office is closed, please be assured that we are working to ensure that we can deliver vital services you depend on while staff can work safely from their homes.
We anticipate that we will be able to continue to service you through remote operations and functions. Please keep these important facts in mind:
- Our website will continue to operate and post important updates at www.ualocal1funds.org. With the uncertainty of the ability to have notices printed and mailed, the website will be your best resource during this period.
- We will implement an alternative Member Services Call Center. However, be mindful that we will be operating under extraordinary conditions and, depending on call volume, wait times may be longer than normal. Please check the website for additional information. We urge you to limit your calls to urgent matters only while we adapt to these new circumstances.
- Correspondence, Claim Forms and documents where possible should be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by FAX at (718) 641-8155.
- In light of potential delay or interruptions in mail delivery, we are exploring alternatives to accepting your premium payments.
- The Trustees have temporarily suspended the requirement for in-person applications for Weekly Unemployment Benefits and Monthly Unemployment Continuation of Coverage. Additional information regarding this change will be posted on our website.
- We will continue processing and updating your Welfare coverage/eligibility while the Fund Office is closed.
- We will continue issuing benefit payments (HRA/Welfare ASB/Weekly Unemployment) as soon as the remote operations and functions are in place.
- The MyBenefits Portal will be available for access during this time period.
- We will also have an email address available to monitor inquiries. Questions and/or comments can be submitted to t email@example.com. Once again, be mindful that we will be operating under extraordinary conditions with limited staff. We will do our best to reply to you in a timely manner. We urge you again to limit your inquiries to urgent and time-sensitive matters.
This is an extraordinary occurrence and it is crucial that we all work together to help each other and achieve the common good. We are dedicated to serving you and continuing to administer your benefits no matter the conditions we face. However, we are functioning at a reduced capacity and it will be difficult to duplicate our normal service levels. We ask for your patience as we endeavor to work through this situation safely together. We wish you and your families all the best as we get through this together.
For more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to keep yourself and your family safe from infection, you can get the latest from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
We will be sure to contact you as soon as we know when the Fund Office will reopen and we can resume normal business operations.