QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY FOR AN APPLICANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A U.A. LOCAL 1 PLUMBER/GAS-FITTER APPRENTICE POSITION:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of filing (Proof Required).
- Must be a Citizen of the USA or Permanent legal resident of the USA.
- Must have a high school diploma with a minimum grade of "C" (70) in Sequential Math 1 and 2 ~ or ~ a State Issued High School Equivalency (GED or TASC) with a minimum Math Score of 550.
- The applicant must obtain the application in person (Bring a positive form of Government Issued I.D. such as a Driver’s License). Only 1 application per person.
- Must appear for an interview on a scheduled date and also take an aptitude test given by the New York State Department of Labor on a scheduled date.
- An application fee must be paid at time of filing.
- Applicant must be physically fit, and able to take and pass a drug screening test, at the time of job offer.